Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Little Taste of Normality

A few days ago I got to taste "normality". It was really strange. And really, really lovely.

I had had a long and stressful day, on the way home I stopped at a deli and picked up a delicious bagel with good stuff. Later I ate the bagel and that was it. I didn't even think about food or much of anything else until a few hours later when I realised I was really really thirsty. And I drank three glasses of water and went to bed.

So what was so strangely normal about my day?! Two things. Firstly, I had the delicious bagel, enjoyed it and felt satisfied. Usually after a long and stressful day and stuff my face with everything possible. Secondly, I experienced thirst. It's very rare for me to feel thirsty. And to recognise it as thirst and not a food graving.

 This is how I would love to live my life. Have this peaceful relationship to food and weight-issues. Let food serve as nutrition and not as a source of stress or destructive way of trying to cope with stress. 




No comments:

Post a Comment