Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mind Tricks

I was going to have a home office day today and those days are always very good for my health in many ways. I usually go for a run before sitting down for work, I eat well and in a healthy way and I stick to the set times (vs snacking all the time). Well, my office day was cancelled and I was called in to work, but surprisingly enough, it did not de-rail me today.

Going to work, working hard, solving conflicts, meeting people is all what I have chosen to do for a living and I enjoy it. However, it is relatively challenging and sometimes downright stressful. Today I made a very conscious effort to to keep my calm and when I came home and basically kept repeating a mantra in my head. The mantra went like this: Work is work, work is work, home is home, home is home, food is food, food is food. I'm trying to get rid of my existing mantra that goes like this: "Work is everything, home is where I think about work, food is a painkiller"  .

Today my new mantra worked, I have had a totally balanced day. A good portion of work, family life, the internet surfing, exercise, eating right, drinking lots of water. Today, today I'm almost willing to admit that this kind of balance in life and peace in my mind is more important than losing  weight... The weight today, by the way, 79.

No comments:

Post a Comment