Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm not That Strong!

A few weeks ago I was flying back from a marvellous vacation on the mountains. At the airport I realized my suitcase would be heavier than the allowed 20 kg. I used the scale at the check-in desk and true, my suitcase was almost 30 kg. Fortunately we had plenty of time to reorganize our suitcases and the rest of the family helped me out of trouble.

 While sitting on the plane my brain got obsessed with this suitcase of 30 kg. Wow, it was pretty darn hard to carry. It was almost impossible to go the stairs with it. And now, the honest fact is that I voluntarily carry around a lot of extra kilograms with me. Every day, wherever I go. I should get rid of ten kilograms to reach the limits of a normal weight. That's where I often hang around. Just just inside the limits. But I could lose the whole suitcase. It would make me thin. I haven't been thin since I was a young, and yes, skinny college student. How would I feel if I didn't carry that heavy suitcase around me?

The simple truth is, I'm a strong woman. Physically and mentally. But am I strong enough to carry 30 kg extra all the time. The answer is...

No comments:

Post a Comment